Liverpool loves mobile
Published: 16 December, 2015
Liverpool's connected consumers top league for most avid wifi users this Christmas
New data released by online smartphone retailer Mobiles.co.uk reveals that Liverpool is the top shopping location for digital multi-taskers. Liverpool One shoppers rank top of the table for the longest time spent browsing the net using shopping centre Wi-Fi, stealing first place with an average online session of 38 minutes.
Customers in Westfield Stratford City (35 minutes) and Westfield London (32 minutes) follow closely behind for the most avid wifi users according to data obtained using the WifiMapper app.
Further analysis of the data shows that when wifi is made available to shoppers, they actively seek to use it. An average of 31 per cent, or close to a third of people, are logging on to the wifi while shopping at the UK's biggest centres.
The average time spent online in shopping centre locations is:
- Liverpool One, Liverpool (38 minutes)
- Westfield Stratford City, London (35 minutes)
- Westfield London, London, (32 minutes)
- intu Trafford Centre, Manchester, (25 minutes)
- intu Lakeside, Essex, (25 minutes)
- Intu Merry Hill, Birmingham, (22 minutes)
- Bluewater, Kent, (19 minutes)
- intu Metrocentre, Gateshead, (18 minutes)
- Meadowhall, Sheffield, (17 minutes)
- Manchester Arndale, Manchester, (15 minutes)
Abby Francis of Mobiles.co.uk said: “Many people use their mobile phones simultaneously while they are out shopping. By offering improved wifi services, shopping centres can appeal to changing habits of consumers in an ever connected world. While it allows shoppers to compare prices with both online and retail, added benefits include giving them better access to social channels, messaging services, voucher and offer sites, and connectivity to shopping centre apps to improve the all-round experience.”